Today’s edition of the New York Sun’s Arts+ section continues to defend its title as Official Newspaper of Gil Roth (and several other Roths, as seen in #s 1 and 2):
- Roth Time Redux, discussing the impact of Dieter Roth,
- a new exhibition on Philip Guston, with a shout-out to Philip Roth,
- MoMA’s screening of Sergio Leone’s Once Upon a Time in the West,
- Daphne Merkin reviewing a book on the history of crazy-ass women, and
- and an absolute smackdown of Benny Morris’ version of the history of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
Even better: my coworkers believe the Sun must be “too conservative,” so they avoid reading it in the lunchroom, leaving me a pristine copy! However, since the owner of our company canceled our subscription to the NYTimes, which he believes is “too liberal,” the only other choices are the Wall Street Journal and the NYPost. . .
(BONUS! Today’s Sun also has a John Stossel op-ed piece on why the FAA’s inspections of airlines (and governmental inspections in general) are useless at best.)