Last week’s podcast with DG Myers is one of my faves (he wrote a great piece spinning out of it on his site). As I mentioned in my intro, it’s not the only episode I’ve recorded with a guest about illness, dying, or the impact of a near-death experience on one’s life. If you’re interested in more of those conversations, here’s a list of them:
- DG Myers – Will succumb to Stage IV prostate cancer within the next 18 to 24 months
- Rachel Hadas – Husband died after developing early onset Alzheimer’s disease
- Tom Spurgeon – Infection left him in a coma a few years ago; his recovery has led him to re-evaluate his life
- Boaz Roth – On rebuilding after a house fire
- John B. – Was dead for 10 minutes and then resuscitated; we talked a year later about it
I thought about breaking out a few other categories here as a sort of podcast primer, but realized that “Older Jewish Writers” was taking up way too many entires, so you’re probably best served checking out all the episodes over here.