Waiting for Amy’s train this afternoon (long weekend: woo!), I stopped at the Barnes & Noble on Rt. 17 South in Paramus. That store has a used books section, which also includes reviewers’ copies that are usually marked down half-price from list. There was a 50-75% sale on, so I, um, pillaged.
Here’s what I got, for a grand total of $43:
- Austerlitz – W.G. Sebald
- The Emigrants – W.G. Sebald
- Vertigo – W.G. Sebald
- HHhH – Laurent Binet
- Moab is my Washpot: An Autobiography – Stephen Fry
- Herge, Son of Tintin – Benoit Peeters
- Victor Halfwit: A Winter’s Tale – Thomas Bernhard
- Born To Be Brad – Brad Goreski
- Super Boxers – Ron Wilson, John Byrne, Armando Gil
That last one’s a gag gift for a pal of mine. No, really.
I make no excuses about Born To Be Brad, except to say that it makes my Simon Doonan collection look butch.
3 Replies to “More Bookbuys”
but I LOVED Brad Goreski – whatever happened to him??
He’s got his own TV show, I think, and he just did a big publicity tour for that new book.
(And, yes, I follow him on Twitter.)
Excellent score, dude!